Options

Default values in SQL Server 2005 Sept CTP

MacromulletMacromullet Posts: 4
edited September 21, 2005 6:09AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I have a table with an int field that has a default value of 0.
When i compare this table to a table with the exact same schema against a table on SQL Server 2000 it says they are different, with the difference being that the default value on SQL Server 2000 is (0) but on SQL Server 2005 its ((0))

The only difference is that sql server 2005 seems to use double-parentheses. If i use management studio to alter the value, i can put in a default of 0, but when i save, management studio says the default is ((0)) again, vs. what enterprise manager used to say for sql server 2000 (0).

Is this a known issue? Its causing my comparisons to generate a lot of change scripts that as far as I can tell are bogus.

I know its a preview but I'm trying to plan ahead for my app.
Thanks!

-Brooke

Comments

• Options
    I have a table with an int field that has a default value of 0.
    When i compare this table to a table with the exact same schema against a table on SQL Server 2000 it says they are different, with the difference being that the default value on SQL Server 2000 is (0) but on SQL Server 2005 its ((0))

The only difference is that sql server 2005 seems to use double-parentheses. If i use management studio to alter the value, i can put in a default of 0, but when i save, management studio says the default is ((0)) again, vs. what enterprise manager used to say for sql server 2000 (0).

Is this a known issue? Its causing my comparisons to generate a lot of change scripts that as far as I can tell are bogus.

I know its a preview but I'm trying to plan ahead for my app.
    Thanks!

-Brooke

Hi Brooke,

Unfortunately this is a design problem in Yukon, and we are aware of it. We will provide a solution for this in the next version of SQL Compare.

Regards,
    Andras
    András Belokosztolszki, PhD
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
This discussion has been closed.