Options

Analysis doesn't show SQL Server counters

lmsparklelmsparkle Posts: 4
edited January 5, 2011 8:34AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Under the Analysis tab, when I want to monitor the SQL Server:processor time, Batch requests/sec, etc. I get "No data available between [date] and now.", even though I've been monitoring for a few days.

Why are the counters for SQL Server not being shown? The analysis does work for machine counters.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

Apologies for the error.

Would it be possible to use 'Looking back in time' functionality in Overviews and verify whether data is present for that period (time range which you are trying to plot on Analysis page) for the problematic counters on Overviews?

Also, are there any errors on Configuration > Monitored servers page? Are you seeing this issue for any particular SQL Server or all of your SQL Server?

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Hi Priya,

I went to Global Overview and chose the server.

When I scroll down to system processes (top 10), I see it's been collecting data since 12/15/2010. Keep in mind, I can see the Analysis for Machine counters. It's not particular counters, it's all counters under 'SQL Server' and 'Database' . In fact, when I choose Database, it just shows No object selected.

Where exactly do I look for the same counters on the Overview page?

I don't see any errors on the Monitored servers page.

Thanks,
    Lori
  • Options
    Hi Lori,

On the left hand navigation, expand and then select the SQL Server. This will then show you 'SQL Server Overview'. You would be able to view all the sql counters on this page e.g. Batch requests/ sec, Page splits/ sec etc.

If it is working as expected then you would also see list of database on this page. Click on the name of any the database and you should be able to view 'Database overview'.

Let us know if you see sparlines here or not? Also, are there any connection errors for these SQL Servers?

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    HI,

In the Overviews tab area, I don't see any 'databases' for the Server under 'Global Overview'.

Here is what I do see:

SQL Server Instances
    CPU
    Memory
    Disks
    Network
    Properties
    System Processes (top 10)

I don't see any server errors, and time in the porperties is up-to-date.

What else should I check?

Thanks,
    Lori
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your post. I have emailed you just now for more information. Let me know if you have not received the email yet.

Regards,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software