Options

SQLDataCompare Include Options

frizbyfrizby Posts: 2
edited October 4, 2005 5:31AM in SQL Toolkit Previous Versions
I am trying to make 2 databases exactly the same (schema and data). The databases are on 2 different servers. SQLDataCompare complains that there is nothing to compare. I added /include:All but that does not work. I am using the command line version in a script.

What do I have to use do compare the whole database?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Hello James,

Thanks for asking. /indlude:all will definitely not work. This should be unnecessary because everything is included by default. Typically you would use a combination of include and exclude switches to put things into the comparison and take other things out. The combinations can yield a lot of possibilities.

Would you mind telling me what objects you would like to include or exclude? I can try to help with the command line usage a lot better if I know what your specific needs are.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Also, the command-line version uses the same operation as the UI version in that the tables being compared need to have the same owner, primary key, columns, etc. If SQLDataCompare cannot find matching tables to compare data, then it will tell you there is 'nothing to compare'.
This discussion has been closed.