Options

Fragmented index alert question

hbucknerhbuckner Posts: 67 Bronze 3
edited November 22, 2010 11:14AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
On my fragmented index alert, the Indexes were checked at 1:00 AM. How often are these checked and is the time configurable?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Chris SpencerChris Spencer Posts: 301
    edited November 22, 2010 11:18AM
    Hi

If you check the description for Fragmented Index on this help page you'll see an explanation as to why we collect this so infrequently. Basically it's very resource intensive:
    http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... 269920.htm

It is possible to configure this setting but currently it requires editing a config file - C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Monitor 2\RedGate.Response.Engine.Alerting.Base.Service.exe.settings.config. If you edit the following section and restart the base monitor service it should pick up the new settings:
    <schedule qualifiedChannelName="[Cluster].[SqlServer].[Database].[Table].[Index]">
    				<weeklySchedule dayOfWeek="Sunday" hour="1" minute="00"/>
    </schedule>

If you wish to go ahead and increase how often this is checked then I could find out some more details.

Hope this helps
    Chris
    Chris Spencer
    Test Engineer
    Red Gate
  • Options
    hbucknerhbuckner Posts: 67 Bronze 3
    Chris. This was just the info I was looking for. I was not going to chage the time but wanted to understand how it was configured.

Thanks
    Hi

If you check the description for Fragmented Index on this help page you'll see an explanation as to why we collect this so infrequently. Basically it's very resource intensive:
    http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... 269920.htm

It is possible to configure this setting but currently it requires editing a config file - C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Monitor 2\RedGate.Response.Engine.Alerting.Base.Service.exe.settings.config. If you edit the following section and restart the base monitor service it should pick up the new settings:
    <schedule qualifiedChannelName="[Cluster].[SqlServer].[Database].[Table].[Index]">
    				<weeklySchedule dayOfWeek="Sunday" hour="1" minute="00"/>
    </schedule>

If you wish to go ahead and increase how often this is checked then I could find out some more details.

Hope this helps
    Chris

Hope this helps
    Chris