Updating Scripts folder to SVN

markvmarkv Posts: 17
Currently, we have always used SQL Compare to create a Scripts folder then SVN Commit'd that into the repository. The Source Control appears to use the same structures (albeit with more directories and an extra source control marker file) so surely can you link to an SVN location that already has a script generated folder?

It would appear that Source Control does not allow it. What is the reason behind this and can it recognise the Scripts folder and therefore "upgrade" it to source control format?

Comments

• Could you try creating a blank file called redgate.ssc and put it in the scripts folder.

SQL Source Control should now recognise this as a valid repository.

Let us know if this doesn't work.

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • I had half through about doing this, though the Source Control generates more folders than the scripts did, so wasn't sure if that mattered? (Will be giving it a go shortly and let you know).
  • Did that work out for you?
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • That did indeed work though I made sure to keep the Case Sensitivity of the filename within SVN. Now, I just need to see whether the differences list are because I have changed things since the database was committed or whether the latest commit using SQL Compare is out of date.