Options

Font 'Verdana' does not support style 'Regular'

I recently purchased a new computer (Windows 7 x64 Professional), and just installed RedGate developer tools on it. When I try to run ANTS Performance Profiler 6, the splash screen comes up, and then the following error message:

Font 'Verdana' does not support style 'Regular'

I've never seen this before. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Please can you check in \windows\fonts and make sure you have the Verdana font installed?
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    If you don't have another computer handy to grab the Verdana font from, you can try using an elevated command prompt and run SFC /scannow. This should put the system fonts back in factory condition.
  • Options
    Wow, this was crazy. I ran SFC/scannow, and it said there were no issues. I checked Windows\Fonts and Verdana was there (all four files). The dates/times/sizes were correct. I went into Word and entered some text and set it to Verdana. When I formatted it as "Regular" it displayed as iItalic. Even the preview in the Control Panel Fonts applet displayed in italics.

I copied the Verdana files from a Windows 7 VM with no change in behavior. Finally, I deleted the Verdana font from this machine and then copied it again from the Windows 7 VM, and that finally fixed the issue.

This is a new machine (a month old). I can't imagine what on earth might have happened, but thanks, guys, for the help!