Options

SQB Service Did Not Acknowledge Receipt of Data

terrihawkinsterrihawkins Posts: 17
edited December 1, 2010 12:44AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have had SQL Backup Version 6.4.0.56 running since approximately March. I have not had any issues with it until today. I signed into the server to create a new backup job, at first it connected fine to the instance and databases, but now it won't. I receive a window title "Server problem with ..... " and the message is "SQB Service did not acknowledge receipt of data. (WAIT_TIMEOUT"

Any ideas? This has been working fine.

[/img]

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Could you please check if at the time of receiving the error, was the SQL Backup Agent service still running? We are aware of an issue with SQL Backup where the service stops running when the GUI is connected to it. We have a patch for that, but before sending it to you, we would like to confirm if it's the same issue you're facing.

Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    jdholmanjdholman Posts: 4 New member
    Petey,

I have the same issue and I can confirm that the SQL Backup Agent service is running while I have this error and I was in the GUI.

Jim
  • Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Could you please try a SQL Backup Agent service patch version (6.4.0.1012)? We've made some changes that we think may address the crashing issue. Could you please download it from here:

ftp://support.red-gate.com/Patches/sql_ ... 0_1022.zip

That archive contains the SQL Backup Agent executable file (SQBCoreService.exe). To replace the existing service executable file, do the following:

- ensure that no SQL Backup processes are running
    - stop the SQL Backup Agent service, or disable the cluster resource if on a cluster
    - rename the existing executable file (SQBCoreService.exe) in the SQL Backup installation folder
    - extract and place the patched executable file into the same folder
    - restart the SQL Backup Agent service/cluster resource

Let me know if you still encounter errors with the SQL Backup Agent service.

Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    oluolu Posts: 6 New member
    i  am getting  error on our  servers  SQB service did not acknowledge receipt of data. (WAIT_TIMEOUT  and  i  check sql  backup  agent service is still running . My  REDGATE  version is 10.1.6.  please i  need help to resolve this issue as  no  backup could  be taken .