Options

Windows Vista Ultimate; No UAA Service...

SJCAdminSJCAdmin Posts: 8
edited November 9, 2010 2:45PM in Exchange Server Archiver
After installing the Outlook Add-In I am seeing the following error on the only Windows Vista Ultimate workstation in my domain:

"No UAA Service appears to be associated with this mailbox; the indexing status cannot be retrieved."

I do not see this error on my Windows XP SP2 workstations (50 installed)

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance!!

Michael

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Michael,

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the version of the operating system, but probably more to do with the mailbox. If you have installed the ESA Outlook add-in, then it retrieves the location of the UAAS from a hidden message in the inbox and uses that address to submit search requests to. Otherwise it does not know where to submit the search request.

If you archive that mailbox, even if there are no messages to archive or that meet the archive rule criteria, that should create the ESA hidden message and make the warning in the add-in go away.

Hopefully this helps.
  • Options
    Hi Michael,

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the version of the operating system, but probably more to do with the mailbox. If you have installed the ESA Outlook add-in, then it retrieves the location of the UAAS from a hidden message in the inbox and uses that address to submit search requests to. Otherwise it does not know where to submit the search request.

If you archive that mailbox, even if there are no messages to archive or that meet the archive rule criteria, that should create the ESA hidden message and make the warning in the add-in go away.

Hopefully this helps.

Seems to have worked!!

Thanx!