Our Requirements for a PST Importer Program
1. Discover all PSTs on both File servers and user workstations - Really don't like the agent based discovery since we'd have to deploy it to 2000 desktops
2. Identify seperately PSTs that are mounted to Outlook currently to those that are present but unmounted.
3. Identify who is using the PST
4. When the Import process is kicked off remove the PST from the users Outlook profile, then copy/move it to the staging area.
5. Collaborate results from PSTs discovered on file servers to PSTs mounted on users PCs pointing to those file server based PSTs.
6. Import the PST in to the new Archive store (Don't see a option today to do that) in to a sub-folder with the same Display Name the users had on the PST. (I only see a option to use file name).
Some other thoughts. Since you do use a remote agent can it do anything like compress the PST as it copies across the wire. We have many users in remote offices over WAN links.
Are you guys workign on future versions to fix these shortcomings?