Options

Unable to load ...oci.dll. Please check that you use 64x ...

Armin MuellerArmin Mueller Posts: 6
edited October 25, 2010 7:47AM in Schema Compare for Oracle
Hi!

I downloaded this tool as I made good experiences with the tools for SQL Server. But now I have to care about Oracle too.

My system is Windows 7 64bit on which I installed both the 32bit and 64bit version of the Oracle Client and configured both of them correctly. I also installed Oracle SQL Developer 64bit and everything is working fine.

Testing Schema Compare for Oracle is also fine till I klick the last time "Synchronize Now", there I get "Unable to load C:\...product\1.1.0\client_win32\oci.dll. Please check that you use 64x version of Oracle client with 64x application."

Any idea what's going wrong here?

Thanks.
Armin

Comments

• Options
    Hi Armin,

this is an unusual error. Here are 2 things that would really help us out

a) Could you try running the 32bit version of Schema Compare for Oracle - typically at C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\Schema Compare for Oracle 1

b) Enable logging and run 64bit version of Schema Compare for Oracle - when the error happens, please send through the log files to me

Details on how to set up logging are described here

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/G ... ta_Compare\knowledgebase\logging_and_log_files.htm

Kind regards, Tom Harris
  • Options
    Hi Tom,

thanks for your answer.

After checking for the 32bit version I'm somewhat confused as I could find nothing but a 32bit version of Schema Compare on my pc. Now I can understand what rises the error. What I don't understand is why I'm not able to select my 32bit Oracle home in the drop down list and should there be a 64bit version of Schema Compare on my pc. There is none.

Yours,
    Armin