Options

localization files on a XAP

iosubiosub Posts: 23 Bronze 1
edited November 4, 2010 9:12PM in SmartAssembly 5
HI

We are evaluating your products.

we have silverlight .xap that is multi language (ES and EN) the original xap file has two directories inside for "ES" and "EN".

The converted .xap file after the obfuscation does not have these two directories so our .xap is not working.

We get the error
Code: 2105
Category: InitializeError

As a workaround we have add these two directories to the converted .xap file and now is working

is this a bug? or we are missing something?

Thank you

More:
I have modify "Sample 06 - Silverlight " custom error template and There are also directories with different languages. These resources are not added to the xap files. Resulting that the custom template is not localized.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the report.

The does sound like a bug to me, we hadn't thought about the localisation system and how it might affect xaps.

We'll have it fixed next version.

The workaround you used sounds good, if you can automate it enough for your purposes. Another workaround would be to obfuscate the copy of the dll in the obj directory at the AfterCompile step of building, details here:
    http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... 032253.htm
    Alex
    Developer,
    Red Gate .NET Tools
  • Options
    iosubiosub Posts: 23 Bronze 1
    Thanks for the report.

The does sound like a bug to me, we hadn't thought about the localisation system and how it might affect xaps.

We'll have it fixed next version.

The workaround you used sounds good, if you can automate it enough for your purposes. Another workaround would be to obfuscate the copy of the dll in the obj directory at the AfterCompile step of building, details here:
    http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... 032253.htm

Hi did you fix this on SA 6 EAP 83??

can I use my trial code for testing SA 6?

Thanks!
  • Options
    No, I'm afraid it's not done yet, I'll try to remeber to let you know when it is.

The version 6 eaps each start a new 14 day trial for you to use, so you shouldn't have to worry about your trial expiring while you're using them.
    Alex
    Developer,
    Red Gate .NET Tools