WebService and WebSite tutorial sample apps are not working
1. Installed Ants without IIS
2. Install IIS ver 5
3. Modify Ants installation adding in Tutorial Samples
4. I have .net framework 1.1 running on my machine.
5. Open browser and trying to go to http://localhost/ANTSLoadTutorialWebSer ... yeeDetails
6. I get this:
<%@ WebService Language="c#" Codebehind="Employees.asmx.cs" Class="ANTSLoadTutorialWebService.Employees" %>
7. The tutorial help has this instruction:
For example, click on the GetEmployeeDetails link, enter an employeeID of 1 and click on the 'Invoke' button. This makes a call to the web service and returns an XML file containing information about employee number 1.
Question: I don't see any invoke button and there is no way to enter employee ID
Something is not right. Has anyone of you encountered this problem? Can you help me?
Should I uninstall and install a fresh copy instead or are there other solutions?
1. When I go to http://localhost/ANTSLoadTutorialWebSite/
2. I just see the banner.jpg with no link, buttons or anything. What can be tested from this sample application? There might be some objects missing.
Any help is much appreciated.