Value Specified for Threshold not Parsed

phfle1phfle1 Posts: 10
Hi,

I tried to launch profile.exe from the command line but got the following error :

Error: The default value specified for /threshold could not be parsed as type 5: 0.1.

My command was :
"Profile.exe" /e:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\DevServer\10.0\WebDev.WebServer40.EXE" /ll /csv:"D:\testing\results.csv"

Thanks,

Philippe

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Phillipe,

Please see my answer to your previous topic. You're meant to use the arguments to do with "cassini" rather than trying to launch the webdev.webserver as an executable. I have never seen the error you had reported before -- I expect it's an error message thrown by webdev.webserver.
  • Hi,

I tried with the following command line and still have the same issue :

"C:\Program Files\Red Gate\ANTS Performance Profiler 6\Profile.exe" /ll /csv:"D:\testing\results.csv" /port:10101 /webdev /cpath:"D:\flp001Locataire\Dev\Src\Applications\Initialisateur.Web.UI\Initialisateur.Web.UI.vbproj" /cvd:"SoumissionLocataire"

Is there more documentation on the command line feature? I had seen the page with the parameters but there aren't any examples.

Thanks and have a good weekend,

Phil
    I have checked the ANTS source code and that text does not appear in it, so the error is either being thrown by webdev.webserver, or your web application. The information you have given doesn't say which program threw out the error message.

Just to clarify, I believe that the /cpath argument is meant to be the directory of the web project files, rahter than the full path to the VB project file.
    Small change to the above -- I'm told it's a bug in the Profiler's argument parser. You can try a patch from our FTP site.
  • Hi Brian,

Thanks for the patch, it works now. I have another issue but I'll open another thread.

Have a good one.

Philippe