Options

Cannot get past error

rsboczkayrsboczkay Posts: 5
I was trying to test out the software but when checking in an entire db got the following error which I cannot seem to get past:

There was a serious error parsing the file "C:\Documents and Settings\rsboczkay\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 1\WorkingBases\htbf31pg.i5f\Stored Procedures\dbo.GetMapPolygonsLowest.sql".
To resolve this issue:
1. Open the affected file.
2. Edit it to ensure the SQL is valid.
3. Commit the changes without using SQL Source Control. For example by using Tortoise SVN, or Microsoft Team Explorer.
4. In SQL Source Control, click Refresh.
For more information, click Show complete error message.

The detailed error is:

Errors occurred whilst parsing file C:\Documents and Settings\rsboczkay\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 1\Transients-TFS\r2jb4dov.dto\Stored Procedures\dbo.GetMapPolygonsLowest.sql
'line 1:1670: unexpected token: ["WHERE",<687>,line=1,col=1670] [char=1379]'
'line 1:1976: expecting "COLCOL", found 'as''
'line 1:2366: unexpected token: ["WHERE",<687>,line=1,col=2366] [char=1882]'

I tried doing what it says but there are no errors in the SP it is referring to. The COLCOL part doesn't make any sense. Ideas? Maybe put in an option to ignore these warnings or not validate my sql syntax at all...

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

The problem might be that our own parser doesn't support some of the syntax in the file.

Would you be able to send me the file so I can check if this is the case?

"C:\Documents and Settings\rsboczkay\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 1\WorkingBases\htbf31pg.i5f\Stored Procedures\dbo.GetMapPolygonsLowest.sql"

I've also send this in an email so you can reply to that rather then post the object here.
    Chris
  • Options
    Figured it out... We use the terms Geography and Geometry as table aliases which your parser does not like. Must be new reserved words in SQL 2008. Once I changed them this problem went away. I now have a new issue which I have posted in another thread.
  • Options
    I was just about to get back to you about that.

I found exactly the same thing. Using the 'Geometry' keyword as a table alias, seems to confuse our parser. I've logged this as a bug (SC-4853)

I'll let you know when a fix is available.
    Chris