Options

API?

dhathewadhathewa Posts: 10
edited October 7, 2010 7:48AM in SQL Dependency Tracker
Can I access an API for SQL Dependency Tracker? Here's why I ask:

We have a number of databases with a large number of objects and a full diagram would be unwieldy. I'd like to set up a project with a subset of objects and that's possible, but the process seems unwieldy for large numbers of objects.

Ideally, I'd like to write a bit of custom program to create a project, set options (to objects used by), populate the project from a list and then save out the resulting diagram. Then we'd reopen the new project in interactive mode.

Comments

• Options
    Strictly speaking you wouldn't be able to do this with SQL Dependency Tracker as there is not an API.

However, SQL Dependency Tracker utilises the SQL Compare library to generate the underlying data that it uses. Therefore you may be able to get the results that you are after by using the SQL Comparison SDK. The SDK allows you to harness SQL Compares library in your own code (e.g. C#).

I admit that I have never used the SDK in this way, so I could be wrong. However, if you do hit any problems then email Support and we will see what we can do to help.