Options

Linking existing database to SVN gives circular reference

I added an existing database to an SVN repository, that was seamless. I then tried to link another existing database to that same repository i just created. The Link was ok, but the Get Latest gave this error;-

"Script folder contains circular object references. Such databases cannot be created. Please ensure the source scripts define a consistent database schema"

The full error message details are not too helpful.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Giles,

Do you mean to say you have put two databases into the same folder of source control? I don't think that's a good idea, as some objects may have the same name, etc. The error message will probably be different depending on the inconsistency produced by taking this action.
  • Options
    Hi Brian,

Perhaps i was not clear, I have Development and UAT versions of the same database schema on different servers, both linked to a single SVN folder, via SQL Source Control.

This circular reference error is sporadic and inconsistant. Sometimes it allows updates, commits; other times this error is thrown and i can't access source through SSC.

There is no indication in the SSC log as to what object causes this error.
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem, I can't commit anything to my TFS source control directory
  • Options
    mboylemboyle Posts: 3 New member
    Anyone ever figure this out?