Options

Sql Prompt - Odd Inserts post suggestion selection

kermitforneykermitforney Posts: 3
edited September 22, 2010 4:03AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I have a very odd issue I am trying to remedy. I have been using SQL Prompt for a while, but have never come across this issue.

Scenario:

When I type in a column name in a where clause the suggestion list appears and i select one using Tab, then the suggestion is placed as it should. Here is where it gets interesting, if I press space my cursor is moved to the beginning of the inserted column, erases the schema of the object and replaces the sechma name with the column name that was just accepted. Kind of difficult, but I will post an example below.

Before (after suggestion is accepted and placed in the query window )
dbo.tblServiceCallStores.datServiced

After (after the suggestion is accepted and space is pressed)
datServiced .tblServiceCallStores.datServiced

I have tried to change the insertion key several times to no avail. This is driving me insane. The only other option that works is to press escape before I press the spacebar.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Thank you for your post regarding SQL Prompt.

Can you kindly check if SQL Server 2008 intellisense is switched off as SQL Prompt and SSMS native intellisense don't go along?

You can turn off SQL Server 2008 intellisense using the following settings:

Open Tools>Options>Text Editor>Transact-SQL>Intellisense. Is Intellisense disabled here?

Also if you click General under the Transact-SQL list is Auto list members and Parameter information not selected?

Kindly restart management studio after saving this settings and recheck it and try reproducing the issue?

Kindly let me know if this fixes the issue.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Solved! I had the Auto list members and Parameter information checked in SSMS.

Anu, Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    No problem!

I am glad that your issue is resolved :)
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com