Options

Feature request: more interactive filter editing

weswinklerweswinkler Posts: 54 New member
edited September 17, 2010 4:06AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I am using SQL Compare 8.2.1.62 where one database has lots of "extra" objects. These objects (tables, sprocs, and functions) are all created dynamically at runtime, and I exclude them from the comparison using object name filters.

All the objects follow a nice naming convention that supports such filters. E.g., tables are named TableRootOne_xxxx, TableRootTwo_yyyy, etc., where xxxx and yyyy are system-generated numbers. I use a rule like:
Object name Contains "TableRootOne_" OR Object name Contains "TableRootTwo_"

It would be very useful to me if there were an "APPLY" option in the Edit Filter Rule dialog that would, of course, apply the current filter, refresh the object list in the main window, and allow me to continue editing the filter.

This would allow me to build up my final desired filter incrementally.

Comments

• Options
    weswinklerweswinkler Posts: 54 New member
    I'd also like to see a confirmation step when removing object filters.

I had spent some time constructing a multi-clause filter on an object, and I wanted to edit it. But, by accident I clicked the red X instead of the green pencil. The existing filter clauses were lost, and I had to start over.

Could you add a confirmation step when deleting filter rules? Perhaps this could be invoked only if the filter rules were "dirty" or unsaved.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks for these suggestions - I can see how they would be handy features to have, so I'll log them into the system here as feature requests. They'll then be considered for a future release of the application.
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software