Options

Multiple settings files?

cadicadi Posts: 8
edited September 10, 2010 8:35AM in SmartAssembly 5
Hi, is there an option to specify which SmartAssembly.settings file to use from an MSBuild task?

If not, is there an option inside the settings file, to specify SearchPath parameters for different projects?

I need to maintain projects with different DependenciesSearchPaths, e.g.
<SearchPath>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v4.0\Libraries\Client</SearchPath>
but others still need to use
<SearchPath>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v3.0\Libraries\Client</SearchPath>

Thanks,
Casper

Comments

• Options
    Hi cadi
    There are ways to use different settings files, but let's see if we can solve your root problem first...

The Silverlight SDK folders you're talking about should be searched automatically by SmartAssembly. Which one is searched depends on which version of Silverlight your app targets (via the TargetFrameworkAttribute).

Also, if you want something per-project, you could always use the HintPath in the saproj file. I know it means doing something for each assembly though.
    Alex
    Developer,
    Red Gate .NET Tools
  • Options
    I also had some references to v3 and v4 versions of my own assemblies, so TargetFrameworkAttribute did not solve all issues.

HintPath did though. I removed all searchpaths, and added all referenced assemblies with the correct HintPath. Now both SL3 and SL4 projects build ok again :)

Thanks for pointing that out.
    Casper