Options

Sharing DB to SVN links?

steve@powell.netsteve@powell.net Posts: 6 Bronze 2
Is there a simple way of passing all of my DB to SVN connections to everyone else in the team.

I've been using it for a while as we got the purchase orders raised and approved for the rest of the licenses. I'd like to be able to just give everyone all of my links so all the production and stage DB's would just be linked to the relevant SVN. Otherwise they'll have to wade through and connect each one separately to the relevnat SVN and sub directory.

Any ideas where I might find the relevant bits, and can I copy them to other peoples machines?

Is it possible to centralise this kind of a repository?

many thanks

Steve

Comments

• Options
    Sorry for the slow response. We only just noticed you are still waiting for a reply to this, so thanks for your patience.

There isn't an easy way to distribute the link configurations with your team. You can find the information about the links in the Linkeddatabases.xml file in your user profile, but the settings are specific to each user so they can't easily be shared.

Unfortunately, each user will need to set this up themselves, but they should only have to do it once.

Also, it isn't recommended to link your production database with SQL Source control. If you need to make production changes, it will be better to deploy the changes using SQL Compare.

I hope this helps.
    Chris