Options

Non DBO Owner objects always show as different

thom.bolinthom.bolin Posts: 12
edited January 6, 2011 3:42PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I am running SQLCompare 8.2.1.50. When I compare two databases that have object owners other than DBO the objects show up in both of the only exists windows.
The owners are listed correctly in the compare results window, howver they are not showing up in the object owner mapping window.

Thom

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post.

When you create a comparison project and you have selected your data sources, SQL Compare automatically maps objects with the same name and the same owner (SQL Server 2000) or schema (SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005) for you.

If you want to compare objects with the same name, but those objects have different owners or belong to different schemas, you can map the owners or schemas as required. For example, if you want to compare objects in a test database that are owned by sales with objects in a production database that are owned by support, you can map sales to support.

For more details kindly go throughthis knowledge base article.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Did my previous suggestion helped you?
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Sorry Anu,

Got sidetracked onto some other projects and just now returning to this issue. The owners are the same in both databases, however when I compare the databases they show are different.

I can upload the actual compare output if that would assist.
  • Options
    the owners in both databases are the same, but neither is dbo. Is there a work around/fix for this issue.

I can attach the output comparision if needed.