Error when using SQL Azure

FrancescoFrancesco Posts: 2
edited September 13, 2011 4:12AM in SQL Source Control Previous Versions
Once I linked the database to the source control, in the next step "Commit the objects", I got the error: Could not find stored procedure 'sp_dbcmptlevel.
What does it mean? FYI the database is SQL Azure.
The following is the complete error message

RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.SqlCompareException: Could not find stored procedure 'sp_dbcmptlevel'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'sp_dbcmptlevel'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at #8rg.#1sg.#Clh()
at #8rg.#Ssg.#Clh()
at #8rg.#Ssg.#vl(#Rsg popOptions)
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database.Register(ConnectionProperties connectionProperties, Options options)
at #oEc.#i7c.#t.#9Jf.#t.#2Db.#XSi()
at #oEc.#7Jf.#gKf(Action action)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
at #oEc.#7Jf.#gKf(Action action)
at #oEc.#i7c.#t.#9Jf.#t.#2Db.#WSi()
at #qEc.#vEc.#KIc(Action action)
at #oEc.#i7c.#t.#9Jf.#t.#2Db.#USi()
at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.CancellableOperation.#t.#izb.#j5f()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Action.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.CancellableOperation.#zIc(ICancellableOperationStatus status, Pair`2[] labelledActions)
at #oEc.#i7c.#t.#9Jf.#SSi()
at #oEc.#7Jf.#t.#9Jf.#uKf()
at #oEc.#7Jf.#hKf(ICancellableOperationStatus status, ICancellable database, Action action)
at #oEc.#7Jf.#lKf[T](ICancellableOperationStatus status, ICancellable database, Func`1 function)
at #oEc.#i7c.#QSi[TDiffType](ICancellableOperationStatus status, IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks sourceControlUserCallBacks)
at #oEc.#i7c.#t.#z2.#hOi()
at #oEc.#i7c.#bOi[TDiffType](ICancellableOperationStatus status, Func`1 innerBuild)
at #oEc.#i7c.#q1f(ICancellableOperationStatus status, IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks sourceControlUserCallBacks)
at #oEc.#4Ec.#z7c(ICancellableOperationStatus status, IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks sourceControlUserCallBacks)
at #oEc.#4Ec.#7Jc(ICancellableOperationStatus status, IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks sourceControlUserCallBacks)
at #oEc.#4Ec.#t.#u3.#ofA(ICancellableOperationStatus status)
at #eEc.#iEc.#t.#u3.#k5f()
at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.CancellableOperationBase.InvokeWithTracker(Action action)
at #eEc.#iEc.Invoke()
at #JLc.#Qlg.Invoke()
at #JLc.#PLc.#t.#Jfb.#EJf()
at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.SmartAssembly.ExceptionReporting.ErrorReporterBase.Do(Action toDo, Predicate`1 shouldReportPredicate, Boolean rethrow)
at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.SmartAssembly.ExceptionReporting.ErrorReporterBase.DoWithObviousExceptionsRethrowAll(Action action)
at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.CommonUI.Forms.ErrorDialog.DoWithObviousExceptionsRethrowAll(Action action)
at #JLc.#PLc.#CTc(ICancellableOperation`1 operation, Object token)

Comments

• Hi Francesco,

Thanks for the post. I believe we answered this from the support call you raised, however the issue here, in case anyone else receives this, is that you are using SQL Azure and SQL Azure isn't a supported platform at the moment.

This has been raised as a feature request under ref SOC-1420.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • The way we would recommend developing on SQL Azure is to use a conventional on-premise SQL Server instance for development, which would of course be compatible with SQL Source Control. When you wish to deploy from this to your SQL Azure instance, you can do so with SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare. SQL-Azure-compatible versions of these are available at www.red-gate.com/Azure

The advantage of this is that you benefit from existing tooling, as SQl Azure isn't supported for many tools and features.

I take it you're developing directly on your SQL Azure instance?

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Hi,
    I have encountered the "could not find stored procedure 'sp_dbcmptlevel'" error message while trying to use SQLCompare. Previously it could work with my AzureSQL databases. Can I check if the software is now AzureSQL compatible?

Regards,
    EBDev
  • SQL Compare is compatible with the newest version of Azure, using a patch -- ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQL_ ... .0.475.zip

This info is over in the SQL Compare forum.