Regate Hyperback 5.0 issues

hbucknerhbuckner Posts: 67 Bronze 3
edited August 3, 2010 1:56PM in SQL HyperBac 5
I just upgrated to the Red-gate 5.0 from hyperbac. We are having a big issue with the index folder (Red Gate\HyperBac\indexes) growning to large. It is filling our system drive during the backup. Hyperbac is creating a index2 type file and it is growing several GB's while a database backup is occuring enven for a small db.

I will need to switch back to an older version till it is resolved.

Comments

• hbucknerhbuckner Posts: 67 Bronze 3
    This unusal Index2 file growth is happening only if I apply the redgate serial number. I switched it back to use a redgate license file, after doing so it remove the license type dynamic from the manager and and now say full.

After doing this the INDEX2 file is not growing like crazy.
    I might have spoke to soon.

Still seeing large file growth.
  • Just to clarify this, we are aware of this issue with 5.0.8.0 and already have a fix available.

This should be out shortly in the form of 5.0.10.0. A notification will be posted on this forum when this version is released.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • The issue affecting some systems running 5.0.8.0 of SQL HyperBac where index files grew large during a physical restore operation is resolved.

The fix is included in version 5.0.10.2 which is available for download now on the SQL HyperBac Download Page. This patch can be installed over the top of 5.0.8.0 and does not require a reboot.
    Jeffrey Aven
    Product Management - HyperBac Technologies
    Red Gate Software
    The patch fixed my issue. Thanks!