Options

Suggestion: add values to non compared columns

paulo_morgadopaulo_morgado Posts: 97 Silver 2
It would be nice if, for non-compared columns, it would be possible to configure the value to assing in the synchronozation script.

Good options would be:
    Same as source Constant function call (like GETUTCDATE())
Paulo Morgado
Portugal
Web Site
Weblog
Twitter

Comments

• Options
    Hi Paulo,

Many thanks for your post. Sorry, but I am not entirely sure what it is you are after here.

Are you looking to be able to assign default values to not null columns when you are performing a comparison or something else?

Many thanks!

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Options
    paulo_morgadopaulo_morgado Posts: 97 Silver 2
    Not just that.

Imagine I have a SS2000 or SS2005 database with a table with DATETIME column and a SS2008 version of the same database where the table has DATETIMEOFFSET(0) instead of DATETIME columns. Chances are that values from one will never be equal to values in the other because DATETIMEOFFSET(0) has no milliseconds part.

Another use case is where I have a timestamp column that I don't want in the comparison but, in the synchronization script I want it to be GETUTCDATE().
    Paulo Morgado
    Portugal
    Web Site
    Weblog
    Twitter
  • Options
    Hi Paulo,

Thanks for that. I have added a feature request in our systems for you under reference SDC-1143 and this will be reviewed for the next release of the tool. As soon as there is any movement on this request I will let you know.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Options
    I Can't hardly wait.
    Paulo Morgado
    Portugal
    Web Site
    Weblog
    Twitter