Options

HyperBac 5.0 Licenses

hbucknerhbuckner Posts: 67 Bronze 3
edited September 4, 2012 12:02PM in SQL HyperBac 5
If we are a existing Hyperbac customer with a support agreement, will are license model change?

I see that the new version can except a serial number and our old license model excepted a license file that had to be changed or updated as physical servers changed. It looks like the new version is getting away from this to be more inline with your red-gate license model. How can I start taking advandge of this and get a serial number in place of my license file?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Thank you for your post. We have sent a new Red Gate licence and serial key to you via email.

Please note before upgrading that SQL HyperBac version 5.0 is a major driver upgrade, so HyperBac for SQL Server customers using version 4.xx and earlier will need to perform a reboot to complete the upgrade. Please read the release notes for SQL HyperBac 5.0 in our Support forum [http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/Content.aspx?c=SQL_HyperBac\articles\version_5xx_SQLHyperBac.htm&p=SQL HyperBac] for further information and to find out more about file compatibility between different versions of SQL HyperBac.

For any questions about changing your HyperBac licences, please contact the Red Gate sales team (dba.info[@]red-gate.com). We would be very happy to help.

Best wishes,
    Claire
    Claire Brooking
    Product Marketing Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Hi,

I am looking to obtain the hyperbac bundle for my development and production environment.

The reason is we are very tight on disk space and this has been seen as a tactical solution. Can you confirm if we need a licence for both environments?

Production will be performing the backup compression and development will be restoring from this compressed backup.

Thanks
    Dave