Build process failed while analyzing the main assembly

jzickgrajzickgra Posts: 4
edited July 23, 2010 5:28AM in SmartAssembly 5
I receive a Build Failed error when running smart assembly against my project's obj\release folder. Smart Assembly works fine if I point it at the bin\release folder. I saw that under the MSBuild guidance it says:
Create your project using the SmartAssembly user interface. The main assembly must be in the \obj\Release folder, and NOT in \bin\Release.

SmartAssembly has encountered an invalid token in xxx.dll

That means the xx.dll was built with a dependency which is not the same as the one used by SmartAssembly. Ensure that SmartAssembly uses the correct dependencies and try again.

Why do I need to run against the obj\release folder and if I do, how can I defeat this failed build issue?

Comments

• Hi,

Thank you for telling us about this. It's a small mistake in the help, I'm afraid. It should read:

'If you are using ClickOnce or Silverlight, the main assembly must be in the \obj\Release folder, and NOT in \bin\Release '

As you say, in all other cases, SmartAssembly will work fine if you point it at \bin\Release , so if you are not using ClickOnce or Silverlight you can do that instead.
    Dominic Smith,
    Project Manager,
    Redgate.