Options

Class not registered error

I'm trying to run the evaluation version of ANTS performance profiler 6.0.0.1312. When I connect to my IIS site and start the profiler, I get the following error:

"Failed to connect to target process because an exception occurred: Class not registered (Exceptoin from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

Please check your setttings and try again."

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Here are some additional details about the exception:

Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.Sessions.IeBrowserFrontEnd.NativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid rclsid, IntPtr pUnkOuter, CLSCTX dwClsContext, Guid riid)
    at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.Sessions.IeBrowserFrontEnd.InitialiseExplorer(Boolean )
    at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.Sessions.IeBrowserFrontEnd.(Uri )
    at
  • Options
    I think this is a known bug -that is, APP 6.0 doesn't support IE7 running on Vista at all.
    We're planning on fixing this in the point release; we didn't want to delay the v6 release for this particular bug.
    Sorry!

Workaround- manually open up another browser and paste in the same URL.
  • Options
    This issue does seem to be tied to browser version, it happens with IE, or firefox. Any other ideas
  • Options
    Sorry - that's all I have. I'll check with development...
  • Options
    Sorry- no further info at the moment. I have asked for this to be looked at but we're exceedingly busy in development at the moment. All I can suggest is try another machine - even a virtual one.
  • Options
    Sorry for any delay- this issue should be fixed now:

ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/ants ... 1.0.43.exe