Options

Command Line script causes error : Error: Ignored statement>

newbie_926newbie_926 Posts: 5
Good Day!

Hi I would like to ask for help regarding an error that occurs when using command line Sql Data Compare.

The complete error is - Error: Ignored statement found in file.

This happens when I tried to do SQL Data Compare the 2nd time around between a Database and a Script folder.
It seems that on the first compare it will edit the RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml file under the scripts folder, causing it to have an error the 2nd time i run the same script.
When I revert back the RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml to its original state, before the first Data Compare, the error is gone.

If you encountered the same problem, kindly help.

Thanks and Best Regards!

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post.

I can see my colleague James replied to your similar query. He wrote: "Thanks for your query on the Comparison products, and I'm sorry for the delay in replying.

Your problem sounds very similar to a known issue currently under investigation at this end, which also revolves around script folders.

It's logged in our development system under reference SDC-1132 and I've added the details you supplied us with to that call.

I'll get back in touch once I have more details, however it's currently marked as a high priority for the next update to the product."
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Thank you for the reply!

The problem really seems that the Sql Data Compare will edit the RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml, then succeeding run of Sql Compare and Sql Data Compare will have the error.

What I did for a workaround for this error, was to keep a clean copy of the RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml file.
    In my bat file, I use xcopy to overwrite the RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml file on my Script Folder using the clean copy. So far, the error has not come out using this approach.

Hopefully this will be fix soon.
    Good luck and More Power!
  • Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Thanks for the workaround!

I will update you as soon as it is fixed.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com