Options

Cannot connect to monitored machine

BenKentzerBenKentzer Posts: 8 Bronze 2
edited July 14, 2010 9:18AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi

I'm running SQL Response 1.3.0.58, and have 3 server licences.

My repository is running on DOMAIN1, using an account in the local admin group (a DOMAIN1 account).

I am intending to monitor 3 servers.

2 of these machines are on a different domain, and are working fine using an account set up on the other domain to have the necessary access.

The third machine is on DOMAIN1, and the account running the repository has been added into the local admin group on the server to be monitored.
However, when I test the connectivity, the Windows side fails. The SQL Side succeeds, as the account is also a member of the sysadmin role directly on the server. However, because we cannot connect the Windows side, it won't allow us to monitor anything on the server.

I've tried another account for the Windows authentication (also a member of local admins - this time a local account) - still nothing.

We have another WMI monitoring solution which talks to all 3 servers successfully.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Ben

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum and sorry that you having problems with SQL Response.

Please right click the SQL Server you cannot connect to and select server properties.

Run the Test Credentials, when the test fails move the mouse cursor over the 'yellow warning triangle' and 'incorrect username password' message. A tooltip type message should appear with further details of the error. What is the tool tip message? Hopefully it will contain further information.

Also a support call has been created for you, the call reference number is F0036656. Can you please send an e-mail to support@red-gate.com, with the call reference number in the subject field with a copy of the Alert Repository Log file attached?

To locate the Alert Repository Log file, please click on the SQL Response icon in the very top left hand corner of the SQL Response Client immediately above the file menu ->Select the option to 'Copy Alert Repository Log file'.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com