TPFADBMOPS04\MIPFAPSQLFA01: Restore - Failed
============================================

Restoring full backup - Failed
------------------------------

This operation failed with errors.

Restoring TPOCore_INTB (database) on MIPFAPSQLFA01 instance from:
\\ppfainbaks01\SQLAdHocBackups\Mark\TPO\TPOCore_INTB.sqb
SQL Server error
SQL error 3013: SQL error 3013: RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
SQL error 3119: SQL error 3119: Problems were identified while planning for the RESTORE statement. Previous messages provide details.
SQL error 3156: SQL error 3156: File 'TPOCore' cannot be restored to 'D:\MSSQL.3\MSSQL\Data\TPOCore_INTB_TPOCore.mdf'. Use WITH MOVE to identify a valid location for the file.
SQL error 5133: SQL error 5133: Directory lookup for the file "D:\MSSQL.3\MSSQL\Data\TPOCore_INTB_TPOCore.mdf" failed with the operating system error 5(error not found).
SQL Backup exit code: 1100
SQL error code: 5133

Any ideas - i know that os system error 5 means Access Denied - what is access denied? The sql backup service account is a sysadmin in SQL Server and a local admin on the server.

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    I suspect from the error message in the SQL Backup Log File, that you have provided the incorrect paths for the mdf and ldf file locations for the database you are trying to restore into. From the information you have provided you are restoring the backup file into a database called TPOCore_INTB if restoring using the Restore Wizard, at Step 3 you need to check the option to restore over existing database and click on the Database Files button. Ensure that the Phyiscal file name for the mdf and ldf files is correct.

Kindly let me know if the above suggestion helped.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com