Not getting low disk space alerts

kevrileykevriley Posts: 129 Gold 1
edited July 6, 2010 11:12AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I'm having issues with 'low disk space alerts'

I've edited the alert from 80% to 95% for a particular server.
Then I copied some files to exceed that threshold.

I did not get an alert

Check the config.xml and the setting for this alert is 120 = 2mins

so I waited.....and waited....still didn't get an alert.

Seem to recall I get low disk/low memory alerts when I restart SQL Response, but I don't seem to get any once it is running.....

Comments

• kevrileykevriley Posts: 129 Gold 1
    just to check, I just restarted the SQL response Alert Repository Service, and then the alert fired!
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Kevan

Sorry for the delay in replying back to you.

In the time since you restarted SQL Response has the problem re-appeared?

When the problem originally appeared, if known, what was the CPU usage of the SQL Response Alert Repository Service?

If the problem has re-occurred, what is the CPU usage of the SQL Response Alert Repository Service?

A support call has been created for this forum post, call reference F0035979.

Can you please attach to an e-mail the Alert Repository log file for Thursday 24th June and if the problem has re-occurred the log file for today. Please send the e-mail to support@red-gate.com and include the above call reference number in the subject field of the e-mail.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • kevrileykevriley Posts: 129 Gold 1
    Eddie,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you too!

I don't know what the CPU usage was like at the original time.

Have sent the logfiles as requested - I need to do some more testing to see if the alert is behaving as expected. but obviously with this being a low disk space alert I need to be careful as and when I run the space down.
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Kevriley

Thank you for your reply.

The log file you have supplied to me is from the SQL Response Client. The SQL Response Client uses .NET Remoting to connect to the Alert Repository, I can see from the log File that there where connection errors but I am unsure if they occurred when you were performing your 'Low Disk Space' Alert testing or from you restarting the SQL Response Alert Repository Service.

If you can remember at what time did you restart the Alert Repository Service.

Can you please also reply with a copy of the Alert Repository Log file for the date you performed your testing?

Windows 2003 - C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Response 1

Windows 2008 - C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Response Alert Repository 1

I have also sent the above request to you via e-mail.

Many Thanks,
    Eddie Davis
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com