SQL Connection error while profiling

CodepicCodepic Posts: 3
Hello,

I'm getting into problems with ANTS profiler when I try to profile (performance) an ASP.NET application.

Normally, when I'm not profiling, the application works fine, but when I launch the profiler, the ASP.NET application gives an error that it cannot connect to database.

I wonder if anyone could give me a pointer or advice so that I could figure out WHY this is happening. I'm out of ideas.

and here's the specs:
.NET Framework v1.1.4322
Windows Server 2003 Standard
Application: DotNetNuke 3.1.0 (in case that helps)

Comments

• Figured that out myself

IIS (Amongst other services) failed starting when I started profiling so the browser showed a wrong page.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    If the connection to the database is being made using Windows Authentication, then the problem may be that ANTS Profiler (1-2.5) runs your IIS6 web application under a special application pool called StandAloneAppPool, which is used for debugging and uses the LocalSystem security account.

ANTS Profiler 2.6 will fix this potential problem by running the application in the correct application pool as you had configured it.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    ANTS Profiler 2.6 is out now, but it does not run the application pool using the security account configured for your application pool. Rather, it runs under the same security account as the ANTS Profiler Service is running as. If you change the log on for the ANTS Profiler Service, you will also change the user that the application pool will run as during profiling.
This discussion has been closed.