Options

Where is the product documentation?

AntoineCAntoineC Posts: 12
edited June 18, 2010 5:21AM in SmartAssembly 5
I have installed SmartAssembly 5 but cannot find the product documentation / help.

Please let me know where it is located.

Thanks,

Antoine

Comments

• Options
    There is none except for the info you can find on the website. :cry:
    However, the support is good. :)
    _Ed_
  • Options
    The documentation for SmartAssembly 5 is located at http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/Content.aspx?p=SmartAssembly&c=SmartAssembly/help/5.0/SA_GettingStarted.htm&toc=SmartAssembly/help/5.0/toc.htm
    To navigate around the documentation, use the 'Learning SmartAssembly' links to the right of that page.

I am planning to release an update to the help in the next month, so if there is some information that you need but you can't find in the help, please tell me by posting in this forum. I am also monitoring the support questions about SmartAssembly, so I will try to address the main issues that they have been asked about in the next update, too.

Hope that helps,
    Dom.
    Dominic Smith,
    Project Manager,
    Redgate.
  • Options
    Thanks Dom for the info.

Two suggestions:
    - Add a link to this doc in the app (or if it is already there make it more visible).
    - Have a kind of white paper written on SmartAssembly. It is difficult to understand what are the pros and cons of each SmartAssembly option. Also a quick crash course on Obfuscation would be nice. Your customers are probably experienced developers but are not necessarily very knowledgeable on obfuscation.

Thanks,

Antoine
  • Options
    Hi Antoine,

Thanks for the comments. The whitepaper is a very good idea in my opinion and I'll write something on this.

There is a link to 'Help Topics' in the left-hand menu in SmartAssembly but it would be better if this went to the 'Getting Started' page that I linked to above. I've raised this as a bug. In the meantime, if you click the 'Help Topics' link, you will find a link to the 'Getting Started' page under the 'Learning SmartAssembly' heading.

Thanks,

Dom.
    Dominic Smith,
    Project Manager,
    Redgate.