Having trouble with serial number - activating product

d02d02 Posts: 3
Hello,

New user here. Just bought SQLToolKit.

I had the Developers Edition Trial going, it expired a week or so ago. Today purchased the toolkit (meant to buy the D.E., but that is for another question). Uninstalled the DE trial, installed the Toolkit from the download link in the invoice. It seems like not all the product is allowing for activation with my serial number.

I have succesfully answered the enter serial number dialogue that comes up when working in a VB.net project. It went out and registered AOK. This dialogue is no longer popping up for sqldatacompare .net projects. However, being new at this, I know that I could use some help with seeing some example VB.net code. In the trial I found it useful to perform a task with the included programs and outputing a project to review in .net. And here is the problem. When running any of the Red-Gate progams, my serial number is not accepted. Says the number is not valid. I thought I had already registered successfully.

I am not sure if I am missing something obvious here.

Thanks,
David

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello David,

Maybe you were right the first time. The SQL Bundle Developer Edition includes licenses for all programs in the bundle, since they are all licensed separately. The Toolkit is a licence strictly to use the Red Gate APIs in your programs, as well as the command-line versions of sql compare, sql packager, and sql data compare.

For instance, when you activate SQL Toolkit, your serial number begins with 008. SQL Compare begins with 002, and Data Compare begins with 001. Activating SQL Compare using a serial number that begins with 008 will result in a 'Serial number is for the incorrect product' message.

Please let us know if you need any more assistance.
  • Ahh so that is the difference. I was not entirely clear on the extras in the DE. After realising the mistake and reviewing what each had to offer, I thought maybe the ToolKit would meet my needs. Oh well.

I will contact you via email to see what my upgrade choices are.

Thank you,
    David
This discussion has been closed.