Options

Can't connect to Alert Repository?

salhzmzmsalhzmzm Posts: 11
edited June 24, 2010 12:52AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi

first, I installed SQL toolbelt then I opened SQL Response 1,
I followed insrtuction to setup Alert Repository, every thing here is ok.

When I try to connect to Alert Repository I got this error :

2czx4br.png

I checked Alert Repository service and it's running with Administrator account.

What is the proplem?

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Many thanks for your post.

It sounds like you may be encountering a known issue when the server you are monitoring is on a different domain. Plese see the following knowledgebase article:

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... 000378.htm

If this is not the case, please check your login credentials as per:

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... c55308.htm

and

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... 000307.htm

If you still have problems, please send across the Alert Repository logs . You can get these as per:

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... _files.htm
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    thanks for helping me.

I folloed the instructions [How do I use the SQL Response client across domains?] in the first situation and now I am getting new error :

15mhipz.png

It seems that a connection has been made and then closed.
  • Options
    Many thanks for your post.

Can you kindly confrim that you have changed the setting for Secure remoting to <SecureRemoting>False</SecureRemoting>? For both Client and server config file?

Are you running Alert Repository on Virtual machine?
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    I am running SQL SERVER 2008 on my PC and I am not using virtual machine.

I confrim that I have changed the setting for Secure remoting to <SecureRemoting>False</SecureRemoting>? For my PC
  • Options
    What is the proplem?
  • Options
    Can we assumed correctly that SQL Response was working correctly prior to this error occurring? Or you have never been able ever to connect to the Alert Repository Machine?

Can you please ensure that the SQL Response Alert Repository Service is in a started condition on the Alert Repository machine?

From the screen shot, I see that you are attempting to connection on the default port 7398, is this the port configured when the Alert Repository was first created?

Are there any firewall type devices between the SQL Response Client and the Alert Repository machine? If the answer is yes, is the firewall configured to allow data through port 7398?

Can you telnet from the SQL Response Client Machine to the Alert Repository machine on port 7398 or the port number configured, if different from the default port number?
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    Can we assumed correctly that SQL Response was working correctly prior to this error occurring? Or you have never been able ever to connect to the Alert Repository Machine?

This is the first time I use Red Gate products
    Can you please ensure that the SQL Response Alert Repository Service is in a started condition on the Alert Repository machine?

I am using MS SQL Server 2008 and SQL Response Alert Repository Service on the same machine.
    From the screen shot, I see that you are attempting to connection on the default port 7398, is this the port configured when the Alert Repository was first created?

When I installed SQL Response Alert Repository I choosed the default port 7398
    Are there any firewall type devices between the SQL Response Client and the Alert Repository machine? If the answer is yes, is the firewall configured to allow data through port 7398?

There is no firewall

I think there is one thing you should know, I have created seperate account with a password for SQL Server and when I try to start SQL Response Alert Repository Service using SQL Server account, I got this error

2mcwv0w.png

Thanks in Advance
  • Options
    Thanks for the update.

Your Alert Repository service is not running.

Can you kindly use a windows account and not a sql server account to run the service?

Kindly let me know how it goes.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    Thanks for helping me.

First, I want to tell you that I am running SQL Server on this account "SQL2008SBSDE" (this is windows account)
    and I setup the service to run on the same account "SQL2008SBSDE" and it's running successfully

and I am opening red-gate SQL Response 1 from othe account with admins privilliges

now I am getting this new error :

ei49id.png
  • Options
    I am getting this error also:

2lwnc6q.png

all this errors and I don't know why :?:
  • Options
    Any one can help me :!: :(
  • Options
    Apologies for delay in replying you.

Can you take a look in the Advanced Network Settings, specifically the binding order? Can you make sure that the correct NIC is the first binding?
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    Can you tell me where I can find Advanced Network Settings.

I am using win 7
  • Options
    Open up your "Network and Sharing Center."

Click "Change Adapter Settings" in right-hand pane.

This should bring you to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections. You can also get there by running "ncpa.cpl".

Hit "ALT" to make the menu bar visible, and pick "Advanced" (Alt-N will bring you directly to that menu), and pick "Advanced Settings".

That will open the Advance Settings window, and you can adjust your binding order there.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    I edited the adapters order and I seted the local area connection to be the first.

and I am getting this error :

15mhipz.png

Note : I checked that SQL response servive is running.
  • Options
    Hi,

Apologies for the issue you are facing. I have just sent you an email regarding this.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    I've also got the same problem in Windows 7, is there any solution?