Options

(service) broker priority

MCTSQLMCTSQL Posts: 14 Bronze 3
edited May 20, 2010 10:34AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
SQL Compare v8.2.1.2 does not appear to support broker priorities.
Could this be addressed soon?

Thank You.
MCTSQL

Comments

• Options
    Hi there,

Many thanks for your post. Would you mind explaining a little more about the functionality you would like to see, as well as posting some sample script so we can be sure we are talking about the same thing?

I think we already have a feature request in place around this, however would like to be sure.

Many thanks!

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Options
    MCTSQLMCTSQL Posts: 14 Bronze 3
    Hi Pete,

When performing a SQL Compare in preparation for synchronization, I do not see the broker priority objects listed from within the SQL Compare interface. The object syntax is "create broker priority...", and they can be found in the system view sys.conversation_priorities.

Brian
    p.s. Looking forward to the next release! :)
    MCTSQL
  • Options
    Hi Brian,

Many thanks for your reply.

We have had a look at this internally, and bascially we haven't implemented support for service broker objects as there are a number of objects in there that are instance level as well as DB level, and we don't support instance level objects.

I have however raised this as a feature request for you under reference SC-4761, and essentially the more people that ask for this the more likely it is to make it into the next version.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569