Stuck recommandation

Tom_NLTom_NL Posts: 15
edited May 17, 2010 9:17AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I just started using SQL Response for a few days nog but i see something i don't understand.

I see 1 database with a recommandation : Integrity Chaeck Overdue
But even after running an DBCC CHECKDB for a few day now, the recomandation stays there.
1 thing i noticed is this recomandation show Last checked : More than a day ago, so it seems this recommandation is not being checked anymore.

i Suspect this condition i caused bij restoring this database about 2 days ago (using SQL backup) while this recomandation was active.
Is there a way to reset this recomandation or another way to het rid of this ?

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Tom,

There is nothing in the docs about a restored backup flagging the database for integrity check. It's only flagged up when a check has never been performed or is older than the time that you specify.

The only reasons I have found so far that cause this to fail are that the SQL Server does not have an active licence for SQL Response, the SQL Server ERRORLOG is unavailable, or there is a corrupt SQL Response config file (more than likely an upgrade from a previous version gone bad).
  • Brian,

I don't think, the inegrety check flaged is raiser bij restoring the backup, i just think SQL Response stopped checking this database because of the restore (maybe because the databses has a new db_id after the restore ?).

The integrity check overdue was already flagged before we restored the DB, but it seems it stopped checking this issue as

Last checked : More Then a day ago

I checked the licence activition, and it seems ok, also all recommandations for other databases (about 100) on this server are working fine

SQL errorlog is available normaly

We did not do any upgrade as we just started using SLQ response. Also this server is a fresh installed SQL 2008 on a new Windows 2008R2 sever
    Hi Tom,

It's not that the database ID has changed, as the recommendations are done by database name. Every few minutes, SQL Response checks the SQL Server error log, and if it finds a ^DBCC CHECK(DB|ALLOC) \((.*)\) \w, it updates the DbIntegrityChecks table in the alert repository. SQL Response then checks this table for changes every five hours.

I suppose you could query the alert repository tables using sqlite3. It may be quicker to delete the alert repository files and start over, though, if the problem is corrupt data.
    Hi Tom,

By the way, the Alert Repository files are in %allusersprofile%\application data\red gate\SQK Response 1\Alert Repository. Restarting the Alert Repository service. Restarting the Alert Repository Service and clearing everything out will allow you to start over with a clean system.