Options

Trying to create stored procedure before view it depend on

petanipetani Posts: 11
edited July 15, 2005 6:15AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi

I am trying to synchronize a database on server A with one on server B.

I have a stored procedure that selects something form a view. That view has been modified on server A and therefore needs to be modified on server B before the stored procedure can created.

But the script created by SQL Compare tries to create the stored procedure before modifing the view resulting in an error when creating the stored procedure.

How can I avoid this without having to edit the script by hand? Is there an option I need to set first?
For me it seems like very basic stuf and I can't belive that I have to edit the script by hand

Thanks for your answer

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

It should definitely script the view first, unless you've turned off the 'include dependendent objects' option.

You're not fully-qualifying the view name in the stored procedure up to the database-level, are you? There is a similar question about this in the Toolkit forum that we're working on.
  • Options
    The views is in fact fully-qualified with the name of the database I am trying to synchronize. (I know that its not neassery - it is left over from when the stored procedure was in another database)

I will follow the other thread. Thanks for your quick answer
    [/quote]
This discussion has been closed.