Options

Can't get version 5.2 to work.

I am trying to evaluate version 5.2, I already own version 2.6, which is currently installed on my PC and works perfectly. The download for version 6 also works on my PC.

However in version 5.2 when I start profiling it just has a red banner that reads 'Profiling Application...' and the status bar says 'Launching commlog.exe'

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    . Are there any relevant errors in the system or application event logs?
  • Options
    If this works on v6, it sounds like a bug we've already fixed, though I'm not sure which one.

Does the application itself start, or does the profiler just get stuck? One possibility is that the executable is starting up and then not getting any further, so check if it's running in task manager or not.

I know of a rare issue where if a profiled application gets detached from the profiler UI, future applications will take around 30 seconds to initialise (which gives the impression that they're not starting at all). Shutting down the originally profiled application will fix the problem.

Do you see a 'cannot CoCreate profiler' message in the system event log? If the application is starting but the profiler fails to initialse for some reason, this will happen.
    Andrew Hunter
    Software Developer
    Red Gate Software Ltd.