Options

strange behaviour

ModernistModernist Posts: 3
edited April 21, 2010 10:28AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Dear Sir,

I have been using SQL Compare 8.1.0.360 for synchornization of MS SQL db over different locations. Till now comparitions went smoothly, but I encounter a problem on one location. Under "objects that exists in both but are different" are listed all stored procedures, which are actually equal. If I click on one of them, no differences can be noticed in the bottom window. When I check it and try to synchronize it with the wizard, the script result is:

/*
Run this script on:

***removed***- This database will be modified

to synchronize it with:

***removed***

You are recommended to back up your database before running this script

Script created by SQL Compare version 8.1.0 from Red Gate Software Ltd at 14.4.2010 15:22:25

*/
SET NUMERIC_ROUNDABORT OFF
GO
SET ANSI_PADDING, ANSI_WARNINGS, CONCAT_NULL_YIELDS_NULL, ARITHABORT, QUOTED_IDENTIFIER, ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET XACT_ABORT ON
GO
SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE
GO

Is this a bug?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

I'm unfamiliar with this particular behavior, but if you could possibly send any sample stored procedure scripts and the options you use, that may help. You could be comparing white space or something along those lines.
  • Options
    Hi,

the procedure is the same, no white spaces. Even after I check it and do synchronization it remains under "objects that exist in both but are different" list.

Options
    Ignore: constraints and index names, whitespace,comments, User's permissions and role memberships, fill factor and index padding, File groups partiotion schemes and partiotion functions, SER QUOTED_INDETIFIER, Collations, User properties, WITH element order, Database and server name in synonyms

I have found out, if I check to ignore Permissions, this behaviour disappears, which I found odd. Pay attention that this problem occurs only on one out of 20 locations (I am resynchronizing same db).
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Joze,

If the only difference is permissions, you can use SQL Compare's "Permissions" option under "Ignore". This is not the same as ignoring user permissions and role memberships.