Options

OPTION (MAXDOP 1)

jamaljamal Posts: 47 Bronze 3
edited April 26, 2010 9:38AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I have a sproc that does not compile in sql compare that is perfectly valid in SQL 2008. It uses this code following a query:

OPTION (MAXDOP 1)

Is this a problem and are there any workarounds?
James

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi James,

I'd take that to mean that "when you run the synchronization script inside SQL Compare, you get an error that you do not when running the SQL Compare-produced script from inside SQL Server Management Studio"?

If you let us know the error message, that would be most helpful.
  • Options
    Actually, I mean I have a set of script files I'm trying to compare to a database. In one of the scripts it has OPTION (MAXDOP 1) following an insert statement. When the initial parsing of the scripts happens, it is unable to parse this sproc.
    James
  • Options
    Does SQL Compare ignore the query, or the entire file?

I'll probably need to double-check, but I suspect that SQL Compare's script parser is only supporting database-level DDL and not server-level stuff like setting options.

If that's true, it should warn you but still parse the rest of the DDL in the file.
  • Options
    SQL Compare ignores the entire file when the script is in a set of script files. We use the option as a result of this bug:

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQL/feedb ... wsignin1.0
    James
  • Options
    Thanks for the reference. I have created bug number SDC-1123 to deal with the OPTION in SQL Data Compare scripts folders.