Trouble with UDTs

marcuslundmarcuslund Posts: 2
Hi,

We are having problems with SQL Comparison due to the UDTs we have in our database. When the Block is executed, we get the following error:
Cannot drop type 'dbo.ShapeCollection' because it is currently in use.

This occurs in the following Batch:
DROP TYPE [dbo].[ShapeCollection]

All constraints and columns referencing the UDT need to be dropped before the UDT is being dropped. This is obviously not occurring.

Is there something I can do to get SQL Compare to generate a script that will successfully drop the UDT?

Thanks...

Comments

• Hi Marcus,

Many thanks for your post.

This is a known issue with the SQL Compare engine and is logged under reference number SC-4582.

Unfortunately, as this is an issue with the parser, I'm not sure how quickly we will be able to fix it. Any fixes to the parser touch quite a lot of code, so it probably wouldn't be safe to issue a 'quick fix' in this situation.

As a workaround though, you may be able to 'comment out' the line in the script. If you haven't got too many instances of this problem, then it might work as a temporary fix until will release a version that supports the syntax.

I have added this post to the bug report and will let you know when we have an updated version of the SQL Compare engine that supports this.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569