System.OutOfMemoryException

stupy1stupy1 Posts: 7
edited October 7, 2005 11:56AM in SQL Log Rescue
I just downloaded and installed the trial version of log rescue and on the select database window of the project settings I'm getting an out of memory exception error. Unable to connect to database..ensure you have access...

I have windows admin rights on the box. I also tried with the sql server authentication with the sa account and I get the same error.

any ideas?

thanks,

Justin

Comments

• Hi Justin

There are two causes for an out of memory problem.
    The first is that there isn't enough physical memory to hold all the data imported from the back and file information.

The second is related to having a significantly large amount of backup information that is being pulled into the application.
    To check for this please execute the following script and check if the out put is a large figure.
    SELECT distinct physical_device_name FROM msdb..backupmediafamily

WHERE media_set_id IN (SELECT media_set_id FROM msdb..backupset WHERE database_name = N'XXXXXXXX' AND type LIKE '[LDI]'

AND database_creation_date IN (SELECT MAX(database_creation_date) FROM msdb..backupset

WHERE database_name = N'XXXXXXXX')

)

AND device_type IN (2,7,102)

Please replace the two instances of XXXXXXXX with the relevant database names.

We are working on this problem and it will be fixed in the next release.

Regards
    Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • dhammonddhammond Posts: 6 Bronze 2
    Any word on the status of this problem?

On a related note -- any tips on working around this problem by safely deleting backup history? (Our database seems to have backup history from the day it was created.)

Thanks!
    - David
  • Hi there is a patch i can send you if you contact support.

I also beleive there is some information about reducing your backup history in the SQL Backup forum.

Regadrs
    Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd
This discussion has been closed.