Options

Generating a separate script for each difference detected

GrahamGoodwinGrahamGoodwin Posts: 25
edited March 26, 2010 12:43PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I am just evaluating SQL Compare 8.1 and can successfully produce a synchronisation script so that, using the configured options, a synchronisation script is generated to update the target.

I have been asked the question whether it is possible to generate a separate script file for each schema object difference detected. This is to enable the sync process to work more effectively with out own in-house tools. Obviously we would then be reponsible for ensuring that these scripts are run in the correct sequence.

Many thanks.

regards

Graham Goodwin

Comments

• Options
    Hi there,

If you right click on an object in the differences pain with version 8 you should see the "show object synchronisation script" option, which will give you the synch script for that object only.

HTH!

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Options
    Hello Pete

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way that I can produce all of these scripts in one go without have to select each one individually?

Regards

Graham Goodwin
  • Options
    Hi there,

I am afraid that there isn't any way to do all of the individual diff scripts in one hit.

Would this purely be to have these scripts work better with your own in house tools, or is there some other application of this feature that I'm missing?

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569