Options

Enhancement Request - Combined Distribution Lists

rgillingsrgillings Posts: 2
edited March 19, 2010 4:23AM in SQL Multi Script
It would be great to have a feature available where you could create a Distribution List based on other distribution lists.

For example, consider the scenario where you have DEV, TEST, and PROD servers, all containing numerous databases which the same scripts would need to be applied to. It would be great to have a feature where I could create my individual DEV, TEST, and PROD distribution lists and then also be able to create a distribution list for ALL environments which I could create by selecting the DEV, TEST, and PROD Distribution Lists. This way if I add or remove any databases from any of the DEV, TEST, or PROD Distribution lists, the changes would be automatically propagated to the ALL list. Currently I maintain the ALL list manually, but this is wasteful of time and begging for disaster.

It would be greatly appreciated if this feature happens to find its way into a future release.

Comments

• Options
    Many thanks for your suggestion. I have logged it as a feature request with reference SE-652. It will be considered for a future release of SQL Multi Script although we have no timescales for this at present.