Options

DTC Unavailable?

dm4714dm4714 Posts: 28
edited July 8, 2005 3:54AM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
I'm launching SQL Packager .NET app on my machine that has SQL 2000 Developer installed. I'm getting "DTC Unavailable" during the Packager execution. Any ideas?

I haven't seen these errors before and this appeared to be working before.

I have my "Distributed Transaction Coordinator" service running??? Is this a requirement?

I.E., I thought I could run SQL Packager from any PC that had .NET/SQL Client installed to connect to a remote server to install database???

Comments

• Options
    Hi

Do you have any linked servers setup in your database. If so this could be causing the error. The Package cannot reproduce linked server setting so these have to be included manually.

Regards
    Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Actually, yes I have a linked server and was including a SP.

How to I exclude the link server and keep Packager from giving me an error? Do I just not include the SP?

Also, when you say I must create manually -- how do you propose I accomplish this? I'm running packager from a SETUP program.
  • Options
    Hi

You can either exclude the sp that has the reference to the linked server, or use sp_addlinkedserver to create one.

If you decide to create on you will have to edit the resource files of packager to be able to include this.

For further information on how to edit the files please email us at support@red-gate.com or call.

Regards
    Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd
This discussion has been closed.