Options

DTS and sql job compares

rwillemainrwillemain Posts: 8
edited August 15, 2010 1:40PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I searched all forums here, on DTS and data trasnformation service and get thousand of returns, but in all the messages checked, none have anything to do with DTS or jobs at all.

Sorry if I am making a rookie mistake in searching. Anyone know a product what would include compares of jobs and DTS packages ?

Thank you ! Rick

Comments

• Options
    We have a tool that can compare DTS packages linked from labs.red-gate.com

However, this doesn't compare SSIS packages.

SQL Compare doesn't currently compare Jobs, although this is something we could consider in a future version. Can I ask what you are trying to achieve?

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Hello Sir, Thank you fro replying. I missed the original msg, sorry. We have a 3n tier infrastructure for our sql servers - mostly SS_2000. For both jobs and DTS packages we need to track and document differences as chnages occur fron dev-test tier on up the stack.
    Is the tool you ref. available for us to use ?
    Kind regards, Rick Willemain
    We have a tool that can compare DTS packages linked from labs.red-gate.com

However, this doesn't compare SSIS packages.

SQL Compare doesn't currently compare Jobs, although this is something we could consider in a future version. Can I ask what you are trying to achieve?

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Sorry, Jobs aren't yet supported in SQL Compare. Regarding the comparison of DTS packages, you can download and use this tool for free:

http://labs.red-gate.com/index.php/DTS_Package_Compare

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software