Options

Synchronization of assemblies don't work

HÃ¥kan BHÃ¥kan B Posts: 12
edited March 15, 2010 9:19AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I’m trying to synchronize two databases containing two assemblies.
The synchronization script recognizes one of them (thru dependencies??).
So in the synchronization script there is a DROP ASSEMBLY [The assembly] command.
But when the script tries to execute the command, there is an error saying that it can’t drop the assembly since it is being referenced by the other assembly.
Shouldn’t s the synchronization script recognize this referencing/dependency and also drop/create the other assembly?
I’m new to the tool so maybe I’m missing out on options or other settings.
I believe that there is no way to get the synchronization script to not synchronize the assemblies?

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

You can exclude the assemblies from the synchronization by deselecting them from the comparison results, but you will probably also need to deselect all the other objects that have a dependency to the assemblies.

You can turn off the option to 'include dependencies' when you step through the synchronization wizard, but if you don't include all dependent objects then your script may fail.

SQL Compare should have correctly identified the dependency and created the correct script to make the change, so I'm not exactly sure why the dependency would have been missed.

If you would like us to look into it for you, would you be able to email me schema snapshots (created in SQL Compare) that I can use reproduce the problem? If you send the email to support@red-gate.com with F0032491 in the subject, it will update the ticket we have open for you.

I hope this helps.
    Chris