Options

% null Doesn't Provide Expected Results

I want to populate a column for e-mail address with values where nearly all of the data is null. So, I entered a % null value of 90. In both the preview and generated data, nearly all of the records contain a non-null e-mail address. It appears tht the % null attribute isn't giving me the results I expect.

Has anyone had a problem with the % null value?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    I found the cause of the issue, which leads me to make an enhancement request. The issue was that I had the Set Unique checkbox checked. I assumed, since the % null textbox was still enabled, that the Set Unique checkbox only applied to the non-null values.

To prevent confusion, I would suggest removing the % null textbox from the UI when the Set Unique checkbox is checked. Or, which I would prefer, is make the Set Unique checkbox apply to non-null values only.
  • Options
    Thanks for your comments regarding SQL Data Generator. I have logged this issue in our tracking system with reference SDG-896. It will be considered for a future release of SQL Data Generator although we have no timescales for this at present.