Options

CPU Utilization Unusual - Doesnt show usage per process

samalexsamalex Posts: 20
Hi,

I'm using the 14 day demo of SQL Response 1.3 to monitor our various SQL Servers, and thus far I'm loving it. One problem though is it has given the 'CPU Utilization Unusual' Alert several times which is good to know, but when it lists the System Processors it only shows Process Name, ID, Start Time, Approx End Time, CPU Time, Mem Useage, and VM Size... but no CPU % Usage which is pretty important when this Alert is thrown to see what process is pegging the CPU.

Granted the SQL Service is generally running the longest and using the most RAM, but that doesn't mean it's pegging the CPU. Can someone suggest how to add % CPU Used to this list for each process? Or what about a pie chart like the one in the 'Low physical memory' Alert so we can see possibly the largest 5 or 6 processes chewing on the CPU.

So great Alert, but as-is after the CPU tapers back down it doesn't help me to know what Process caused the Alert :-/

Thanks --

Sam

Comments

• Options
    Hi there,

Unfortuantely, this isn't available for version 1 of the tool. We are however already working on version 2 and this is in there. If you would like to have your say on what else makes it into V2, as well as get in the EAP list further information can be found from the below link:

http://www.thefutureofmonitoring.com/

HTH,

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569